Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Week So Far + Five Things

This week started out dragging and then suddenly flew by!

My weekend was nice and quiet. Saturday was a rest day for me, which my body truly appreciated since I've been pushing it so hard. As I was lazily laying in bed, I stumbled upon a Groupon for the Color Me Rad 5K, which is taking place in May. Of course I couldn't resist signing up for another Fun Run...especially since it was only 20 bucks! After a lazy day and dinner, the hubs and I watched "Oz The Great and Powerful", which I enjoyed but had some issues with. Have you seen it? What were your thoughts?

Sunday I earned my final badge in the #FurtherFasterFurther Road ID Challenge, by doing a 3.17 mile run, wearing green for St. Patty's Day. After my run, I begin cooking our St. Patty's Day Feast and then we spent the rest of the day relaxing and eating.

IMG_5230[1]
I ended up earning 31 badges....some had double or triple worth so I think I ended up 37 or 38!

The rest of this week has consisted of my usual. I took another rest day and just stretched on Monday, Tuesday I ran, did some time on the trainer and then went and cashed in on my last massage. The hubs had given me a three month membership for Christmas and it was hands down THE BEST GIFT EVER. Since this was my last massage and I had a $5 off coupon, I decided to upgrade to a 90-minute session! It was painfully-blissful and just what my body needed!

Wednesday I did ChaLean Extreme, Push 1 & 2 and then followed it with 10.5 on the trainer. I also took a ride up to The Vitamin Shoppe and picked up some Quest bars. I've seen the lovely RunEMZ rave about them on Twitter and Instagram, so I had to check them out. Upon returning to my vehicle, I immediately tried the Chocolate Brownie and I was not disappointed at all! I need to get my booty over to GNC (since Vitamin Shoppe sucks and had limited stock of these) so I can try the other flavors she recommended.

IMG_5249[1]

Today has been a rough day. The hubs woke up puking around 1am, then my son woke up at 3am puking and finally the girl woke at 6am and followed their lead. I honestly don't know how I escaped this, but I am truly grateful, as I am a total wuss when it comes to vomit. I did however complete a 15.5 mile ride on the trainer a little while ago and I'd like to do a short run as well as some yoga later.

Now for the Five Things...

The lovely Jackie, from Nora & Jac, tagged me in a Five Random Things post (which I didn't realize was "random" so I'm winging this as I go) the other day, and I've been a super slacker about blogging, but I'm finally completing it soooo...

1. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York in this apartment building:

Brooklyn

2. I HATE mayo...loathe it. I'm so against it, I don't even like to touch the jar in the fridge. There is something about it that creeps me out.

3. I have "corpse extremities". Seriously... my hands and feet are ALWAYS ice cold. I can have socks and boots on all day, take them off and I have toesicles. The hubs just LOVES when I stick my icy, dead hands on his back.

4. I love taking road trips. Granted, I am referring to road trips sans kids. I love driving, seeing the landscape and listening to whatever I want on the radio.

Finally, I'm borrowing one from Jac's post, because my brain isn't really functioning due to lack of sleep...

5. I've had many people tell me that I look like Mary-Louise Parker...you can be the judge.

Twins?

Okay...there you have it. My week in review as well as Five Random Things about me. If you want to join in, please feel free and leave a link to your post below!

blog sig

2 comments:

  1. I am the EXACT same way with mayo. I refuse to come near it, smell it, touch it... my brother, being the ass that he is, once thought it'd be funny to smear it on my nose... I fought like someone was trying to kill me. Something about that stuff... I don't know how people eat it. Let alone LOVE it.

    And yes, yes you do look like Mary Louise Parker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just texted you. I hope everyone is feeling ok. You know me....I love mayo. I can eat it from the jar, but I don't.

    ReplyDelete