Sunday, August 26, 2012

P90X: Day 7 Round 3.5

A little out of order to finish up the week, but it was truly worth it. Normally I'm not a fan of switching up the routine, but last night, Mike and I had a wonderful date night that I wouldn't trade for the world. I usually enjoy Xstretch to start my Sunday morning off but our dinner at a Hawaiian burrito joint followed by a walk on the beach, fireworks and some delicious frozen yogurt at Red Mango was well worth the change up.

Jab, Cross, Hook, Uppercut!


That was the theme to today's workout!  There is something about kicking and punching for an hour that helps your stress levels to go down. (Not that I was stressed at all today but in the past it has really helped.)

To be honest, I was tired during this routine. My booty and hip flexors are still really sore from Friday nights Legs & Back and my balance wasn't as good as it normally is. I was also in bum mode since I had just spent 4 hours on the couch watching my Broncos lose a preseason game to the 49'ers. Sigh. Needless to say, I got up, we pushed play and 58 minutes later, we were done, I felt accomplished and I could officially close the book on week 1! I was also done just in time to plop myself back down and watch the season finale of True Blood.

While doing my workout, I received a text from a friend who asked if I would be interested in doing a Color Run 5k next weekend. After checking out the website and exchanging a few texts, team "Color Us Awesome" was born! I'm excited to do this colorful 5k on September 1st. It looks like a lot of fun and it's an excuse to be healthy and have fun with some friends.

I'm not sure if I will keep up the daily P90X blog entries or do a weekly recap...I guess my schedule and mood will dictate that. I will at the very least have some fit-spiration posts and a recap of my Color Run!

blog sig

2 comments:

  1. BOO-ty! (says Dreya)

    Good for you, finishing out the week strong! Have fun with the Color Run, too. My daughter just participated in one with some friends in NYC, and they had a great time. Very messy, but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm really looking for the Color Run this weekend, it looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete