Sunday, March 11, 2012

What I Wore {Shopping & A Wedding}

Yesterday I took a shopping trip up to Target. I've been there a few times over the past 2 weeks and I've found myself drawn to the spring dresses they have on the racks. While there, I grabbed the Jason Wu dress I have on in the photo below, along with a few other spring dresses, a shirt and a bathing suit (GASP!).

I've noticed that I am finally used to grabbing the proper size from the rack for myself. I used to always grab a larger size and I think that as I become more comfortable in my new skin, the reality of my actual size is setting in.

This is me in the fitting with the Jason Wu dress on. As cute as it was, it didn't fit right and this was the ONLY one left.

After my shopping trip at Target, I had a wedding to get ready for. I always hate getting for weddings, especially when I am unsure of the type of place it is. I knew it was a casual event but I never want to go somewhere and be overdressed or under dressed. I am a fan of blending in with the crowd since I don't handle attention well. After trying on multiple options, this is what I decided to go with:


Teal Dress: Old Navy (Last year), Zebra sweater: Charlotte Russe (Last Year), Shoes: Madden Girl


Close up of sweater and dress


Close-up of my shoes...which are heels...nothing crazy, but they are heels.
(I also love that the weather is warming up and my tattoo can see the light of day again.) 

I have to admit, I've had fun putting more effort into getting dressed. I've even had fun trying things on...including the bathing suit which was a pleasant surprise. Tapping into a new side of myself is proving to be enjoyable, and I look forward to making more strides in self acceptance.

blog sig

6 comments:

  1. Cute outfit. Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the animal print. {of course!} You look fantastic - it's too bad that Jason Wu didn't fit - it's super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jac :) It's funny how I bought a lot of this stuff last year but never wore it. It feels so foreign to me but I'm becoming more comfortable and less self conscious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as you should, you look great - you have worked hard for that body - show it off, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] head over heels in love with this shirt. I was aimlessly wondering the clothing section at Target the day I tried on the dress and it caught my eye. I don’t know if it was the color or the fact that it is part of the [...]

    ReplyDelete