Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Getting Nervous


First off, I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to read my last blog post. The amount of messages, tweets and e-mails I received after posting that were amazing. It's nice to know that I am not the only person who has thought about this. It's also so reassuring to have the support of so many wonderful people, as I prepare myself for a new leg of my journey. You are all amazing and inspirational to me. Thank you!

XOXO

Since being sick the last few days, I have laid in bed with my laptop and searched different blogs and message boards regarding tummy tucks. This my friends, is the perfect way to freak yourself out and question what you are doing. I don't recommend it. At. All.

I am one week out from my pre-op appointment and I wanted to make a list of questions to bring with me so I wouldn't be overwhelmed and forget things while there. I am an over planner and I feel its my job to have everything I might possibly need BEFORE the big day arrives. I've also been freaking out about being sick. We seem to be passing some funky bug around the house and I have this new fear of catching something right before surgery day. If I could set off a Lysol bomb and give us all Clorox baths, I probably would. (I know...relax, Nikki)

Anyway...I need to stop focusing on all the "problem" posts I've seen on these boards. Issues can arise, yes...but it's not the norm. While I think it is important to be aware of what can happen, you can't dwell and fret over it. I think I have very realistic expectations heading into this. I have a ton of confidence in my surgeon and his work. I just need to settle down and stay positive about everything, which is sometimes easier said than done. I think it's just this rough patch in life that's been getting the best of me. It seems that whatever can go wrong, has gone wrong so, it's causing extra anxiety about this procedure. Meh!

Stay tuned for next weeks Pre-op blog and if you have been through this and have any advice....please share!

blog sig

2 comments:

  1. I can see why you're so nervous. I read your last blog and I was nervous just hearing about how nervous you are lol!
    I think all that aside, it will be fine and an eye-opener for you! You'll be able to see what you've been wanting to see for a while. Think of it as unwrapping the gifts and rewards of being a super ninja these past few years. =]
    I wish you the best and I know you will have an easy procedure. Just take it easy and try not to psyche yourself out. You will be fine.
    I'm so proud to know you and can't wait to hear about the journey that will begin once you shed that one piece of the old you that's holding you back. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be fine. I promise! Piece of cake....especially for you! Don't overthink or over research this...you got it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete