Monday, August 9, 2010

Back On Track

This past week I found myself unmotivated and quickly turning into a fitness train wreck.

I wasn't planning my meals, I wasn't doing my workout first thing in the morning and before I knew it I was eating over processed junk and NOT doing my workouts because I had no energy for them. (*gasp....I know....bad coach!)

I knew I needed to get myself back on track and fast, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Then I remembered my before photo and pulled it up on my laptop. I stared at the photo in disgust and knew if I didn't get my act together I could easily slip back to THAT. I then pulled up a current photo of myself and put it next the before and man did something just click in my brain.

It was a click I had felt before....it was the click that propelled me onto this fitness journey a year ago.

While sitting there looking at the two photos I finally realized how far I've come. How much I have grown as a person. How much I have learned and how badly I want to help others reach their fitness goals.

I realized how I could NEVER go back to being that person again....I REFUSE to let that happen. (Those of you who know me know just how thickheaded I can be.)

So I pulled up a Word document and started typing out my goals. I made a list of things I want to achieve and I felt a new purpose wash over me as I did this.

I also shared my before and after with everyone I know on Facebook and Twitter. The messages and feedback I received were the motivation I needed. I was even retweeted by Beachbody on Twitter and that allowed me to connect with people I never spoke with before and answer their questions.

Knowing that I can help someone who wants to start their goal to a better life is one of the greatest things to me. I want nothing more than to see everyone succeed at this. To reach their goals. To find motivation. To find happiness and most of all health.

If you are someone who has been thinking about taking that first step to a new you please feel free to contact me. I would be more than happy to help you figure out what your first steps should be and to help you along the way.

blog sig

4 comments:

  1. Getting off track... that was me with my diet last month. I can workout just fine everyday, I was just struggling with my diet for some reason. Now that my husband started P90X last week, I'm back. I think we all get a little off track at some point. Thank goodness we caught it quickly and got back in the game!
    I love your before and after pics. Very motivating! You look amazing girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeness, thy name is @Bronc787! Great post. Great suggestions for getting back on track , Nik. Inspiring before and after pics. I mean, really, girl! Wow! Keep posting about what you are doing to motivate others. You know you push me with ChaLEAN Extreme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tiffany! I'm so happy you are also doing ChaLEAN...I was starting to feel like an outcast as I think I'm the only one who didn't purchase TurboFire yet. Let's keep pushing each other to new great heights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shandal! I think you hit a great point with your hubs getting back into the swing...it makes all the difference. When you have someone doing it with you I feel it makes you more accountable. The two of you were such a great team doing P90X together....I'm sure you will crush your nutrition issues for the next 60 days and get amazing results!

    ReplyDelete