Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Changing Course...Again!

One might say that fitness program ADHD kicked in, another might say I gave up, but I'm saying it sounded better on paper than it actually played out in real life...and it happens!

If you follow me on twitter or know me in real life, you might have seen me posting that I was doing Insanity AND Body Beast. I started Body Beast out of curiosity with Mike and I had been wanting to do another round of Insanity. In my head, doing both together seemed like a good idea and I've pulled doubles before. I wrote out a schedule, figured I'd be done with the whole Insanity program by the start of the final Body Beast phase and hopefully I'd gain back some of my cardio endurance while building some more lean muscle. Sounds great right? Yeah...well...introduce the kids being home on summer vacation and the never ending list of things I've been working on and time gets kinda slim. I was also super sore from Body Beast and found that I was dogging it in the Insanity workouts due to that. Sigh...

After a brief phone call with my coach to discuss the Body Beast program, he confirmed that I had indeed lost my mind by attempting both programs together and I decided to back off. I also decided that my days are too strained for time during the summer with the kids home so I've just been focusing on my July Challenge.

In the past I would have beat myself up over a decision like this, or kept pushing myself to prove a point. Thankfully, I have grown by leaps and bounds since I started exercising and I now just listen to my body and do what works for me.

The other day Mike and I were talking and we decided to get the new Shaun T program that just came out, called Focus T25. It's a 25 minute workout, 5 days a week with a full rest day plus a stretch day. I definitely have 25 minutes a day to workout, without having to cram it in somewhere, so we are really excited about it.

Here is a video that shows what the program is:





I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of results I can pull from this workout since it's only 25 minutes a day. I know that I have to give it my all for those 25 minutes and that there will not be any breaks, so I'm a little nervous, but excited. I also know that I need to clean up my nutrition for maximum results as well.
Do you think this is a program you would want to do? If it is, comment below or contact me on my Facebook page. A few of us are planning on starting a "Challenge Group" on August 12th for Focus T25, and I'd love to have you join us!
blog sig



3 comments:

  1. Yes, that so-called "hybrid" was probably a bad idea. ;-) I will be interested to read about your progress with T25, as many of my Beachbody friends are starting the program. I am finishing a good old Insanity/P90X hybrid schedule in a couple of weeks, then taking a month to explore various workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...in theory my plan sounded difficult but doable. I just had no idea what Sagi had in-store for me with his Body Beast program! It's awesomely difficult.

    I love your program explorations, so I'll be interested in seeing what you have to report. Everyone seems to be doing T25 now (as is usually the case with new Beachbody products) I'm hoping it lives up to the hype without being so fast paced I can't preform the moves safely...I'm a stickler for form!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your term...fitness program ADHD! I tried to so something similar with two workouts a day. It got so overwhelming I ended up doing nothing after the first few days. Now I realize one workout is better than none. I have Insanity and was thinking of starting that this week. Love the T25 video!

    ReplyDelete