Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pancakes! Pancakes! Pancakes!

Today is National Pancake Day!

Normally I would love to toss the kiddies into my truck and head over to iHop for some pancake delishiousness, but that's just not happening. Instead, we have decided to make some for dinner tonight, right here in the comfort of our home.

The boy has requested traditional pancakes, the girl will most likely want chocolate chip and I'm going to have a banana protein version.

Of course I had to hop on Pinterest to see what they had for inspiration and as usual, they didn't let me down. I found a paleo version of the pancakes while just browsing thru what the people I follow pinned. (Thanks Jackie!)

So here is the I found and what I'll be using in the kitchen tonight:

choc chip pan 
This stack of fluffy goodness is made from 4 simple ingredients that you probably already
have on hand! Photo and recipe from RecipeBoy.com - Click on the photo to view both!

I'll be using this recipe to create all three variations I mentioned above (unless the picky boy sees me, then he'll be having Bisquick pancakes....don't judge!) I think I'll add some cinnamon and a scoop of vanilla protein powder to my banana pancakes....think a healthy version of banana bread!

Do you have a healthier version of pancakes that you love? Care to share your recipe? (wink wink)

blog sig

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about hatving pancakes for my birthday next week, inspired by IHOP (not that I plan to go there today, even for free!) and also my birthday falls on Mardi Gras, which is traditionally when pancakes are eaten prior to Lent. It's not my usual tradition, but when those things come together, why not?

    I am going to check out that recipe too, so maybe even my "cheat day" pancakes will have a healthy spin. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll enjoy pancakes vicariously through you. It's like baking... I just don't like all that measuring. Although... those banana ones are intriguing...

    ReplyDelete