Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 - A Year In Review

goodbye 2012

Last year I couldn't wait for 2012 to arrive. I was fed up with 2011 and thought things had to get better. Well....I was wrong. My 2012 had a very shitty start, then improved, then bottomed out and finally fixed itself for the most part. One might say it was a roller coaster but I always thought those were supposed to be fun....hmmmmm.

Now were was I? Oh....right.... I learned a lot over the past year. I learned that I can handle a lot without breaking (although I came pretty damn close), who my real friends are (and that there aren't many), that as much as it's nice to have fun with people - you have to be able to enjoy being alone as well.....cause happiness comes from within and if you aren't happy with yourself, it's hard to be happy with others. There were many other lessons but that's the gist of it. Or at least all I'm willing to openly discuss ;)

As 2013 prepares to make it's grand entrance tonight at midnight, I'm both excited and a bit nervous. I have high hopes that 2013 leads me towards new, exciting and happy things, but as I mentioned above, I learned a lesson in 2012 ...things could always get worse.

Anyway, I'm going into this new year positive, happy and with the mind set that anything can happen. I have a list of goals and things I'd like to do in the up coming months and I have a new focus on what's important to me.

With that being said, 2012 wasn't all bad and I have the photos to prove it! Here are some of my most treasured moments from 2012...

As much as they drive me crazy, my family is the most important thing to me.Top Left: Mike & I at a BBQ over the summer, Top Right: Family photo while visiting Lady Liberty. Bottom Photos: My amazing kids at the beach.
As much as they drive me crazy, my family is the most important thing to me. Top Left: Mike & I at a BBQ over the summer, Top Right: Family photo while visiting Lady Liberty. Bottom Photos: My amazing kids at the beach.

Good friends are hard to find! Top Left: BBQ with Mike's coworkers. Top Left: Mike with Beth at the Jersey Shore. Bottom Left: Me with Kris during one of my OH trips. Bottom Right: Cheers to new friends! 
Good friends are hard to find! Top Left: BBQ with Mike's coworkers. Top Left: Mike with Beth at the Jersey Shore . Bottom Left: Me with Kris during one of my OH trips.
Bottom Right: Cheers to new friends!

Fitness Goals & Fun! Top Left: I can finally rock a bikini. Top Right: The fitness trail & my goal of being able to run a 5k. Bottom Left: The Color Run. Bottom Right: Me sporting my "tough" look. 
Fitness Goals & Fun! Top Left: I can finally rock a bikini. Top Right: The fitness trail & my goal of being able to run a 5k. Bottom Left: The Color Run. Bottom Right: Me sporting my "tough" look.

The Sky's The Limit! If you know me, you know I love taking pictures, especially of sunset and landscapes. Here are a few of my favorites from 2012: Top Left: Times Square while walking to Sweet Suite at BlogHer. Top Right: Open field on my way to the mall. Bottom Left: Sunset on my drive home. Bottom Right: My daughter and friend swinging high above Point Pleasant. 
The Sky's The Limit! If you know me, you know I love taking pictures, especially of sunset and landscapes. Here are a few of my favorites from 2012: Top Left: Times Square while walking to Sweet Suite at BlogHer. Top Right: Open field on my way to the mall. Bottom Left: Sunset on my drive home. Bottom Right: My daughter and friend swinging high above Point Pleasant.

This quote is so true and I know I'm capable of making great strides in my fitness this year. 
This quote is so true and I know I'm capable of making great strides in my fitness this year.

If there is one thing I hope to do...it's to never lose focus on this. 
If there is one thing I hope to do...it's to never lose focus on this.

There is always good to focus on, despite the bad that might be plaguing you. Here's to a very Happy and of course Healthy New Year! Thanks again for following my blog and keeping me focused on what is important to me. You all inspire me so much and I'm forever grateful to everyone who takes the time to read my ramblings.

blog sig

5 comments:

  1. Nikki wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michael. Same to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, Nicole! So inspiring.
    So fun having done the color run with you guys! Wishing you all a happy and healthy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Corine! We had so much doing the Color Run with you and Mr. Complicated too! I'm sure you'll be up to doing the Glow Run with us this summer....RIIIIIGHT?!

    Wishing the whole Complicated family a happy and HEALTHY new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the year with us, and ending with such a great recap! Happy New Year and all the best to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete