Friday, August 24, 2012

P90X: Day 5 Round 3.5


Wall squats, sneaky lunges and skaters....oh my!

Three reasons why I curse on Fridays and walk funny while going up and down the stairs on Saturday.

Tonight was a tough one. I don't know if I didn't give myself enough time after eating one of the Gluten-free Brownies I blogged about earlier, if I was just tired or if I was just pushing my body to it's max, but I was exhausted and wanted to puke when this routine was done.

Now that I'm showered and in bed, I feel great and I'm happy I pushed myself to do the workout. It's so easy to get tired, feel unmotivated and not want to push yourself to press play. Chalene Johnson had some great advice in ChaLEAN Extreme. She said even on the days you don't feel like working out, just press play and give it five minutes. If you still don't feel into it, stop, but she guarantees you'll end up feeling better about yourself and you'll complete your workout for the day. So far, she's been spot on. There have been many days that I haven't felt like doing my workout, but I get up, get into my gym clothes and press play. An hour later, I'm done, sweaty and feel like a million bucks and that is something to be proud of.

Anyway, Legs and Back is a lower body killer. I bitch about wall squats often, but as a female, the one legged ones have come in handy many times while using public restrooms. You ladies know what I'm talking about. We hover to pee as it is when using these restrooms and there is nothing worse than ending up in a stall with a broken lock... enter the one legged wall squat and give a huge thank you to Tony Horton for being the prick of all pricks by making you do them every week for 90 Days, cause now you can squat to pee AND hold that door shut with one leg!

Tomorrow is my FAVORITE workout in the P90X program, KenpoX! There is something about jab, cross, hook, uppercutting, that makes me very happy!

blog sig

No comments:

Post a Comment