Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Wait! I'm Not Fat?!


Three months ago I wrote a blog called "I Will Learn To Love My Body".

*If you didn't read it before, go check it out now, I'll wait right here for you. No. Seriously, go check it out. What are you waiting for?

Well, while I wouldn't say I am head over heels in love with it now, I certainly see the progress I've made and no longer see a "fat girl" in the mirror.

Unfortunately, I still have hang-ups. I have days where all I focus on is what still needs to be improved, but I'm human and we all have self loathing days, right? Plus I have the whole being a woman thing working against me here. Sigh...

Overall, the important thing to me is that I understand how far I have come, how hard I have worked and how important it is to remain healthy.

I don't know why it took so long for me to come to terms with this. I don't know exactly what changed and allowed me to accept that I have lost over 100lbs. I practically lost a person, yet I mentally carried all of that extra weight around with me on a daily basis!  What I do know, is that I am happy to finally be in this place and I hope I can continue to push forward and learn to fully love myself.

blog sig

P.S. - I had a slight set back (aka - I went into slacker mode) with Insanity but I'm scheduled to finish up next week and hope to blog about that soon.

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you and that you have finally see what we all see! You look great! I can only wait for the day that I will feel the same way...and I will! Thanks for always being there! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. outstanding! keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on losing the 100lbs. You look amazing!

    You say there are still things that need improving (don't know where...) I just wonder if you know what the final goal is.

    It can be an easy trap to fall into when you focus on the little niggles and not see how well your whole body looks.

    Please excuse my armchair psychoanalyst. :-)

    ReplyDelete