Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm Still Alive!


It's been awhile since I posted a blog here and I am sorry about that.

I've been very open about my current fitness struggles and there wasn't much to blog about, since my diet and workouts were all over the place.

Yesterday I hit my fitness-funk bottom. I felt unmotivated, lazy and disappointed in myself. I knew I had to get up and get back on track, so I decided to start Insanity again.

I didn't start with the Fit Test because I didn't want to face the drop in numbers that I would see. I knew that would either work in my favor by motivating me OR depress me and send me further in my downward spiral....so....I played it safe and jumped into Plyometric Cardio Circuit.

Some people may wonder why I decided on Insanity as the program to get me back on track. Well, to me Insanity is just as much mental (if not more) as it is physical. I need to get my head back into the game in order to make the progress I'd like to see with my body, and this program forces you to be in it mentally.

This will be the first time I do this program on my own without the support of the #insanecrew, whom I truly miss. They kept me going when all I wanted to do was quit last fall. I'm hoping to find the strength to keep myself going...I have to, because going back to who I used to be just isn't an option.

Wish me luck, and if you are starting a new routine let me know. Maybe we can keep each other motivate and moving forward.

blog sig

3 comments:

  1. I get exactly what you're talking about here. Starting back up by choosing Insanity is like the opposite of quitting cold turkey. It's going all out from Day 1 -- no easing into anything.
    I get that. It's like you're trying to give yourself as little room to back out as possible.
    You friggin dig deep, bring it, keep pushing play and smile BECAUSE YOU LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. I actually just started week 4 of Insanity when my life hit overdrive about a week and a half ago and because of moving and my sometimes full time second job I had to take a short hiatus, purely because of lack of time, just when I was really starting to see massive results. Today is the day that I restart where I left off in week 4, and I'm back on board. It's gonna be great, so even though we may not be quite on the same day, we can still help motivate each other on this journey! Let's DIG DEEP Nikki!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think some fluctuation in our habits is normal. Of course, you don't want to fall into the really bad habits that got us all in trouble, right? I decided after a shaky beginning in August to stick to the Tony Horton "Bring It!" workouts for this month, with some gaps here and there, and plan out something more structured to start after Labor Day. I don't know if I want to do another round of P90X, do "Bring It!" again with some changes, or what, but it was OK to feel more relaxed about my workouts for a few weeks.

    I say stick to the basic rule, which is find something you enjoy and do your best. If that's Insanity, then I'm sure you will be back in the groove in no time.

    ReplyDelete