Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Confession


Forgive me #insanecrew for I have sinned....

It has been two weeks since my last workout and I have no valid excuse for this.

Seriously...two weeks!

I have no idea why I fell off the wagon, it just happened. The last thing I remember was doing Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, then MAJOR chest pain set in and I decided to take a few days off to heal. Those few days turned into a week...that week turned into two weeks. Finally, I broke the two week workout drought yesterday with some Turbo Jam. (hangs head in shame)

On the bright side, I really focused on my nutrition since I am doing the cleanse and I feel great. Nutrition is something I have always struggled with and I have put more focus on it these days. Wait...I cheated twice. I had some meat as well as some gluten over the weekend. (if I'm in the confessional, I might as well get it all out, right?)

I am not sure if I will restart Phase 2 of P90X or just do my own thing for a while. This is the first long break I've taken since I started my health & fitness journey back in May 2009...it's uncharted waters for me and it goes to show you that even the most disciplined person can "fall off the wagon" from time to time. The important part is that you climb back on and get back on the road to success.

Right now I just need to focus on getting back into my daily workouts and keeping my nutrition on track like I have been. I'm sure once I do, everything else will fall into place.

Please be gentle with my penance as I'm a first time major slacker offender.

blog sig

2 comments:

  1. You're not alone. I have been finding my own footing since my P90X routine crawled to a halt at the beginning of the year. Since then, if I work out for half an hour or more, whether it's from Tony's book or on the treadmill, I call it a good day. If I woke up every morning refreshed and ready to BRING IT, that would be great. If I had my morning schedule set up so I can do P90X and still make it to work by 9, that would be even better. Right now, those things aren't happening, so I am OK with scaling back.

    You're doing well to stick with clean eating as best you can, just to see how you feel as a result. You will find your routine again, as long as you don't let the excuses pile up. As the old joke goes, "If it hurts when you do that, then don't do that..." Try something else. Based on your history, you could do quite a mashup of Beachbody workouts for a while. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each day brings a new struggle but also an opportunity. The path of physical fitness is not an easy one and there will be bumps. Unless you make physical fitness your career - life will intrude _ the important thing is to accept that and come with a plan to get over each hump. Remember Power90/P90X is an INTRODUCTION to being fit - we all should do our research and come up with a plan that fits into our lives and keeps us healthy.

    ReplyDelete