Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Horizons

Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another - John Dewey


As I looked in the mirror over the weekend, it hit me that I have almost reached my goal.

It is a point in my life I never thought I would reach. A dream I had and wanted for so long, but never had the drive to go after. I would wish for it...pray for it...and basically beg for it, but I would never do anything to go for it.

Thankfully, I finally put one foot in front of the other and now I am finally reaching the finish line and grabbing my dream. It is a moment that still hasn't fully registered,  however, it is empowering and an achievement I am very proud of.

Reaching this goal has shown me that I am capable of great things and it has left me wanting to help others start on out on their journey. I realized it is time to set new goals and to go after them.

As with this journey, I am sure I will stumble and fall. I will get frustrated and question myself as to why I am doing this, but it is all part of the process. The growing as a person, discovering who you are, what you are capable of and most of all...helping others to do the same.

This year, I want to start taking steps to become a certified personal trainer. I want to learn everything I can so I will be able to help people like myself, to take those first steps and finally reach for their dreams.

I hope to start a local fit club this spring, where I can meet people face to face and give them the tools and encouragment they need. I know that this will also help me to overcome some of my fears. (Like group workouts - ha!) It will allow me to share my story, and let others know that health and happiness isn't just a dream. It can be achieved...and I will be there to give them a boost so they can reach for it.

blog sig

No comments:

Post a Comment