Monday, January 3, 2011

Glamour Muscles, Baby!


Round 3.  Day 3.  P90X.

Shoulders and Arms.

Time to work the glamour muscles, baby!

This is hands down my favorite resistance workout in the P90X program. I love the shoulder and bicep definition I get and I think shoulders can be very sexy, so I tend to focus on mine quite a bit.

I was very sore going into today's workout and to be honest, I almost skipped it since I'm off from work tomorrow. I figured I would just pull a double and go to bed early. Then I remembered I am going to MEET Tony Horton tomorrow and workout with him, (squeeeeeeeee!) so a TRIPLE wouldn't be a good idea.

At 8:30pm, I dragged my sorry self downstairs to the living room and pushed play. I am so flipping happy I did, too! As soon as I started warming-up, my soreness started to disappear and I felt good. Jumping jax and arm circles were a little rough due to the chest soreness but it quickly worked itself out and I was able to get to it.

Here's a break down of the moves you do. It works Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps and repeats for each round.

Round 1:
  1. Alternating Shoulder Presses.
  2. In & Out Bicep Curls.
  3. Two Arm Tricep Kickbacks
Round 2:
  1. Deep Swimmer’s Presses
  2. Full Supination Concentration Curls
  3. Chair Dips
Round 3:
  1. Upright Rows
  2. Static Arm Curls
  3. Flip-Grip Twist Kickbacks
Round 4:
  1. Two Angle Shoulder Flys
  2. Crouching Cohen Curls
  3. Lying Down Tricep Extensions (*Tip of the Day - don't smash your face.)
Bonus Round:
  1. In & Out Straight Arm Flys
  2. Congdon Curls
  3. Side Tri-Rises (*Do more of 26 of these and Tony is coming to your house!)
I followed this routine up with Ab Burner from ChaLEAN Extreme instead of Ab Ripper X. As I have mentioned before, I have 2 herniated discs in my lower back and ARX tends to aggravate them. As long as I feel an abdominal burn, I'm not really picky as to which program the workout came from.

I'm actually looking forward to Yoga X tomorrow. I normally HATE doing it and would prefer to poke my eyeball out with a chopstick than do 90 minutes of this torture Tony calls yoga. However, I actually think my muscles will appreciate and it will be a good thing to do before going to the group workout tomorrow.
blog sig


Round 1.

  1. Alternating Shoulder Presses.

  2. In & Out Bicep Curls.

  3. Two Arm Tricep Kickbacks.

Round 2.

  1. Deep Swimmer’s Presses.

  2. Full Supination Concentration Curls.

  3. Chair Dips.

Round 3.

  1. Upright Rows.

  2. Static Arm Curls.

  3. Flip-Grip Twist Kickbacks.

Round 4.

  1. Two Angle Shoulder Flys.

  2. Crouching Cohen Curls.

  3. Lying Down Tricep Extensions.

Bonus Round

  1. In & Out Straight Arm Flys.

  2. Congdon Curls.

  3. Side Tri-Rises.

No comments:

Post a Comment