Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Let the INSANITY begin...




That's right! You heard me! INSANITY!  Yes, I know I tried it before and failed miserably, but this time I'm here to complete it...all 63 Days of it! Nothing is going to stop me this time...well...nothing as long as I have access to my masseuse that is.

Monday was Day 1 - The Fit Test. I woke up at the ungodly hour of 5:30 am and jumped right into it with my husband by my side. We huffed and puffed through the first few moves and then I heard the dry heaving coming from his side of the room and he was out. I kept chugging along wishing this was all a nightmare and that I would wake up in my nice warm bed, but that never happened.  Instead I was left in a puddle of sweat dragging my nutrient deprived body into the shower so I could  face the day. I was shaky, felt like puking and light headed as could be. It all faded away before the first kid headed off to school on the bus and I was left with these numbers which I am proud of and the Lesson of the day: Don't Workout at 5:30am EVER Again!






Day 2 - Plyometric Cardio Circuit: I am quite familiar with this routine since I started it two weeks ago as my introduction to Insanity. I knew what to expect, how hard I would have to push and how sore I would be the next day. What I did expect was that I would puke during the 3rd round of Level 1 drills. Lesson of the day: Wait about 2hours after eating before attempting an INSANITY workout!

Day 3 - Cardio Power and Resistance: Once again Shaun T kicked my ass like it has never been kicked before. I actually tried this workout last week and it is just brutal, especially when you are also finishing up ChaLEAN Extreme while doing INSANITY (I don't recommend it - I am clearly insane). By the end of this workout I looked like I took a shower with my clothes on, my quads and glutes were on FIRE and I desperately needed my Results and Recovery drink! Lesson of the day: Beware of ceiling fans when doing jump training!

I ended Day 3 with a wonderful 2 hour massage and my body is very grateful. Tomorrow is a recovery workout but this is an INSANITY recovery day so I am sure I will be sweating and cursing up a storm.

Now, I don't mean to scare anyone who has never tried Insanity, but I'm not one for sugar coating either. I believe that any results worth achieving come with hard work and dedication. Without those two things, success will not be the end result with this particular program. It takes a lot of determination to puke and then go right back into the workout!

Quickly, I'd like to give a big thank you to my #insanecrew! You guys keep me motivated and I'll need you all for the next 60 days! We will push each other to the next level and wear those t-shirts with pride at the end of this crazy ride.

Here's to 60 more days of puke, sweat and tears! Dig Deep!

blog sig

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! You're nailing the program to the wall! Keep it up!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on FINALLY tackling this routine again. I'm glad it's going so well for you. How is everyone else doing? With the recovery weeks, isn't it actually 74 days? I've always been confused about that.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] is a link to my First Fit Test Results if you missed [...]

    ReplyDelete