Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Challenge: Clean Eating & Yoga

August is upon us and with it brings us a new challenge!

First off...congrats to everyone who stuck with the July Squat & Plank Challenge. I know how hard it is during the summer to stick with these things, so even if you missed a few days (I know I did), you still did awesome if you kept coming back to it!

This month I'm changing it up a bit. I found out that many of us struggle with nutrition, so a clean eating challenge seemed like the logical way to go. I also found that many of us have a lot of stress in our daily lives, so I'll be posting  daily yoga video on the Facebook Page to help center and relax us!

I have already posted some Clean Eating basics over on Facebook, as well as Day 1 of the Yoga routine. There is also a tab on the upper right side of the Facebook page where I have a link to Pinterest. I'll be pinning lots of clean recipes over there, so make sure to check it often or follow me on Pinterest.

#EatCleanWithNikki

For this challenge I want us to all work as a team. I'll help you as much as I can but expect the following from you:

  • You need to check-in daily on the Facebook Page.

  • Share any new clean snacks you may have found, as well as recipes that you've tried.

  • Share any slip-ups or struggles you may have. I try to be as honest as possible here on my blog and lord knows I get derailed quite often. We are all human and we can't be perfect. If you have a slip-up and happen to not eat so clean for a meal, it's okay! Dust yourself off for your next meal and make sure it's as clean as you can make it.

  • No matter how much you dislike yoga, try it! If you really hate it, just lay in corpse pose for at least 10-minutes, clear your mind and focus on breathing. We all need to take a break from our daily crazy tasks to just breathe.

  • Don't try to go cold turkey! If you use 6 teaspoons of sugar in your coffee a day, cut back or try something like Stevia in the Raw. Going from 0-120 with this will only set you up to binge. I'd rather you take baby steps to ingrain a new, healthy habit. Just make sure you are making changes.

  • Be supportive of one another!
Following an 80/20 rule will also make this less stressful and stress is one of the things I'm also aiming to reduce with this challenge!

We have a few different diet restrictions (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Vegetarian & Vegan) participating in this challenge as well as a yoga instructor, so please feel free to post questions! If I don't know the answer, someone else might!

If you are on Twitter or Instagram and take photos of your yoga practice, meals or snacks, please use the hashtag #EatCleanWithNikki and be sure to follow me! I'll share some on the blog as we go through the month!

So who's ready to eat clean and de-stress with a quick, daily yoga workout?

blog sig

1 comment:

  1. […] ← August Challenge: Clean Eating & Yoga August 7, 2013 · 2:47 PM ↓ Jump to Comments […]

    ReplyDelete