Tuesday, February 12, 2013

{Recipe} Chicken "Bruschetta"

It's been a while since I've tried a new recipe, so I hit the web in search of inspiration for the boneless, skinless chicken breasts I bought on-sale the other day.

Not seeing a particular recipe I liked, I decided to take a little of this and a little of that, from the ones that did catch my eye. The result was pretty tasty so I decided to share it.

IMG_4709[1] 
Chicken "Bruschetta" served over whole-wheat pasta
Chicken "Bruschetta"

Ingredients:
8 ounce bag of spinach
3 Tb chicken stock
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper, to taste
chopped garlic (use as much or as little as you like)
onion powder
Italian seasoning
2 large tomatos, coursely chopped1 small onion. chopped
1/4 cup Roasted Peppers (I used frozen ones from Trader Joes)
1/3 C fresh parmesan cheese, grated

Directions:
1.  Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Place the spinach in the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass baking pan.  Drizzle with the chicken stock, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Arrange the chicken on top of the spinach and season well with the salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder and Italian seasoning.  Add the chopped tomato and roasted peppers, then top with the parmesan cheese

2.  Loosely tent the pan with a piece of aluminum foil.  Bake for 15-20 minutes, remove the foil and continue to bake for another 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.  Serve immediately.

I made some thin, whole-wheat spaghetti to serve with this and it was very yummy. I liked the ease of this dish and how you can easily change the ingredients to fit your taste-buds.

Have you tried any new recipes lately? Do you have a go-to website to find dinner inspiration?

blog sig

2 comments:

  1. Sounds so yummy - going to have to go on my meal list next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think and if you make any changes. I know you're a lot like me in the kitchen, tend to wing it and use what you have on hand.

    ReplyDelete