Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Name is Nikki and I'm a Green Monster Addict

It's true. I'm hooked!

For a while I was nervous to try smoothies that incorporate spinach in them, but I was foolish and didn't know what I missing out on!

Thankfully my friend Jac did a Guest Post here about them and then pinned a recipe over on Pinterest that finally made me try them.

The recipe she pinned was for a Blueberry Pie Green Monster and when I followed the link, I found even more of these Green Monster recipes. Then, one caught my eye and I knew I had to try it. Which one, you ask? Well, the Cookie Dough Green Monster, of course!

I actually had all of the ingredients on hand and just needed to pick up some baby spinach, so that's exactly what I did and then tossed everything in the blender as per the directions on the recipe and enjoyed!

20130226-113611.jpg
I always have a bunch of bananas, frozen in a gallon size Ziplock, They're a staple item for me.

20130226-113622.jpg 
Is this cup fitting for the color of this smoothie, or what?! I also had a fear of it tasting Wicked,
but thankfully it was not.

20130226-113633.jpg 
I think it's safe to say I've been enjoying the addition of Green Monsters to my day.
If I could lick the side of the cup, I absolutely would!

I have also tried the Peanut Butter Green Monster, but I tweaked that one a bit and LOVED it! I used coconut water and a chocolate coconut peanut butter in it. Yum!

Today I made the Banana Bread Green Monster and tweaked this one as well. I didn't have walnuts on hand, but I did have Banana Bread flavored Quaker Oats (Weight Control variety) so I used that in place of regular oats and walnuts. OMG....this may be my new favorite!

I tend to use Almond Milk or Coconut Almond milk in my Green Monsters and I like to add ground flax seeds to them as well. You'll need to take any changes as well as brands you into consideration when figuring out the calories for these. Each of mine were around 400 calories.

Let me know if you try any of the other flavor recipes from the blog where I found these or if you know of another blog that features these cups of green goodness!

blog sig

1 comment:

  1. [...] I’ve stuck with my workouts, been eating much cleaner and tried some new recipes. Two new ones are right here in this post, and the Green Monsters (which are my new obsession) can be found here. [...]

    ReplyDelete