Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's Official...I've Lost My Mind

lost mind
I decided this year would be the year I find the fun in fitness again. As I have mentioned before, I decided on a few "fun runs" to do in the summer, and I'm absolutely stoked about them.

Yesterday, I opened up Groupon as I normally do, hoping to find a deal on something I can use. What did I see? A Groupon for the Rugged Maniac 5k in July. What happened next? The wheels in my head started spinning, insanity took over and I purchased two Groupons for the event!

In case you don't know what the Rugged Maniac is, here's a little video to shed some light on this:



Of course I watched the video AFTER talking my husband into it, purchasing the Groupons AND registering for it. I knew it was a mud run. I knew it had lots of obstacles. My inner athlete swears I can do this, my inner wimp is currently cowering in the corner. (My inner wimp can be pretty dramatic at times.)

I plan on using the The Rugged Regimen which is the training guide provided by the Rugged Maniac website to prepare.

Overall, I think this is going to be a tremendous experience for me. I'll be leaving my comfort zone, training in ways I haven't trained in a long time and spending time with some amazingly fun people! What more could I ask for?!

Have you ever done a Rugged Maniac, Tough Mudder, Warrior Dash or Spartan race before? If so, I'd love to hear any tips you have to offer!

blog sig


PS: If you are local and want to join the fun, let me know! The more the merrier! I'll also be posting info on Foam Fest, The Glow Run and The Color Run as I sign-up.

2 comments:

  1. [...] far this year, we are officially signed up for this and the Rugged Maniac, which I am both nervous and stoked about. I’m debating a St. Patty’s 5K this weekend [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] thought I could do. One Saturday I was scrolling through Groupon and found an amazing deal on the Rugged Maniac mud run, so I obviously bought it and felt instant happiness! Poor […]

    ReplyDelete