Monday, August 20, 2012

P90X: Day 1, Round 3.5


Yep...after a bunch of debating and procrastinating, I decided to give P90X another go.

I've been skeptical about what I should do for a workout routine since I am technically not cleared by my surgeon to do ab work yet. At first, I was going to hold off until my next appointment in a few weeks and then start Insanity if he gave me the all clear, but then I was talking with Mike and he mentioned that he wanted to start P90X again since he fell off the wagon after getting sick during Phase 2.

After lots of thought, I decided to start P90X again. I've already been lifting using ChaLean Extreme and I've been doing lower body and some running here and there, so I figured why not?! I will just skip Ab Ripper X and listen to my body during the workouts.

Tonight was Day 1, which meant Chest and Back and I was very nervous going in. For those of you not familiar with the program, Chest and Back requires a lot of push-ups, and push-ups require core strength. I definitely paced myself for Round 1 and I made sure to really "Bring It" during the pull-up segments (I did pull downs and hubs used the pull-up bar). I felt some pulling and tightness in my core as I began to max out during push-ups, so I made sure to spend a little time in child's pose at the end of each move.

Overall, I felt really great doing the workout. Push-ups are still a weakness of mine (unless they are of the wide variety) and my numbers were much lower than my last round, but I'm working things the best I can, and that means I'm doing laps around everyone one who is just sitting on the couch.

Tomorrow is PlyoX but I think I will be subbing with CardioX so I can see how my body feels about my starting P90X again.

blog sig

6 comments:

  1. WOOOO! I'm thinking of doing the same- all the weight i've gained since falling off the wagon and rolling down a hill and landing a mile away from said wagon, has gone to my stomach. Gonna try to get back to work and it motivates me a whole lot more seeing you're doing the X. Good luck and I look forward to hearing your new numbers!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to P90X! Now that I'm over three weeks into P90X2 round 2, I discovered that Sean Callahan from that program has developed a P90X/P90X2 hybrid. Maybe next time. ;-)

    This is not "go for glory" time for you, but it can be a great way to rehab both your body and your healthy habits. Don't forget that Tony Horton himself got started with the fitness industry after his well-known knee injury.

    It's great to see you and your husband encouraging each other to work out, too. It's a touchy subject around my house. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't purchased of tried P90X2. I think it's great that a Hybrid was developed for it. I enjoyed the P90X/Insanity Hybrid awhile back. I think they keep things fresh and different which is something I like.

    I'm hoping that having an accountability partner again will help to get us both the our goals a little quicker. I've embraced a healthy lifestyle and like being active, I've just had a hard time remaining focused on one program so I can track progress like I did when I first started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah! So good to hear from you. I will never forget how motivated you kept me during my first round of X. I'll push you back up the hill to the wagon if you need....I'd love it if you joined us and we all kept each other going! Ninjas for life, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! =D You have kept working out on my mind and are now the rightful motivator of me!!! I think i'm going to work on my plan and definitely get back into it. I need to, i miss it- working out is a good way to stay balanced. =] I would be honored to join you all on the journey! Tomorrow (Wednesday) I'll take inventory and work on my plan- I want to definitely incorporate these new "Pit" workouts as cardio! PIT90X here I come! =D I'm definitely going to keep a closer eye on this blog for motivation. Ninjas for life!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. PIT90X.....I like it! How do you like those workouts? I've seen them on TV before and was always curious. Let me know what your workout plan is as soon as you figure it out. I'm going to try to blog daily to keep myself accountable.

    ReplyDelete