Saturday, January 1, 2011

Round 3...Day 1...Fight!

Happy New Year, everyone! I can't believe it is 2011 already.

It feels like just yesterday that I made the choice to give P90X a try.....no really....I'm so sore right now that it feels like I just started this program for the first time.

Since I started 2010 with P90X, I thought there would be no better way to celebrate my Beachbody anniversary than with another round. Being reunited with Tony Horton just seemed like the right thing to do, so I bagged the hybrid, joined a group of fellow coaches and rebooted the "90 Days to a Better You" challenge.

Today, I kicked off Round 3 of X with some Chest and Back, which is the first workout in the Classic version on the program. Let's just say I forgot how hardcore this program is. I still don't have a pull-up bar set up (I know. This makes me sad too.) so I used my bands to do pull-downs instead. I have definitely improved in the push-up department, although declines, diamonds, military style and the dreaded dive-bomber push-ups are still my nemesis.

I managed to truly push myself to physical failure on every move today, instead of the mental failure were I would tap out in the past. That fact alone proved to me how much I have grown, both mentally and physically in the past year. My mind would always get the best of me and I would tell myself "I can't" or I would watch Tony do a move and say "No way, I'm not doing THAT". Now, my mental conversation is more along the lines of "You've got this!" and "Ok, this might take some practice".

The result of my new mindset? Wobbly, shaky, jello arms that make washing your hair post workout very interesting...and painful.

Today's workout also included Ab Ripper X (ARX), which I have always struggled with due to my herniated discs. I have a hard time doing any core movements that require me to kick my arms and legs out, while balancing on my butt. I tried my best to make it through most of the DVD but I could feel the strain in my back (most likely due to lousy form) so I reverted back to the ab workout from ChaLEAN Extreme, which is effective and doesn't aggravate my back.

I'm looking forward to this round of P90X and after 63 days of Insanity....I'm really looking forward to Plyometrics tomorrow.

blog sig

No comments:

Post a Comment